Orgautomatech 16 output midi decoder board
Now available, the Midi2Org_16 completes the Orgautomatech range. It will be useful for:
- Add a new pipes rank to your organ
- Add percussion
- Automating a small instrument (xylophone, metallophone...)
- For any project requiring just a few outputs: driving some lights, engine or something else, within the board limits, of course.
- Automate a recorder or other wind instrument (saxophone, clarinet ...). With, in this case a special program to open multiple outputs with a single note.
Same features as all Orgautomatech midi boards, with the possibility of coupling outputs, in which case you will have 8 outputs up to 1 amp.
There is also an extra output modulated by the velocity of each new note. With a small additional adapted board (soon to be available as option), one can modulate either all outputs, or just a 17th note. Interesting to give life to all percussion instruments.
- 16 outputs to directly connect solenoids. 35 volts and 500 mA per output.
- Only 85 mm long by 70 mm wide, fits in any instrument, even the smallest.
- Responds to note-on and note-off, all note-off.
- accepts MIDI running status
- All inputs and outputs are clearly marked on the board
- Simple configuration, "self-learning" by sending a MIDI file or by using the Orgautomatech special freeware "Parametor". Notes can be any number (from#0 up to #127) and in any order.
- Midi input and output (to connect to another board)
- The MIDI channel can be directly set on the board without computer. Very useful on stage to play with other instruments.
- LED indications for board monitoring.
- Test coils by pressing a button at startup. To verify that all the notes work well.
ULN2803 chips are not soldered on the board. In case of an accident (for example a short circuit in a solenoid) they are very easily replaced.
Protection against bad polarity
Compatible with every midifiles player in respect to MIDI standard
The MIDI OUT socket acts as a MIDI THRU. That means that every message that arrived via MIDI IN goes out via MIDI OUT except active sensing messages.
- An additional output that can either:
- act as a 17 th output (digital output ON / OFF or variable output from 0 to 5 volts)
- modulate the solenoids common line tension regarding the last arriving note velocity. These features need small additional circuit boards. Easy configuration with the freeware "Parametor"
- On request, some outputs can be programmed to respond to anything else than note, for example program change (for register).
- On request, can be programmed to open multiple outputs with a single note. Useful for recorder, saxophone, trumpet, etc ...
Download the user manual here:
What to do with a midi board? Doing the interface between your computer (or player as MIDILECTOR Midi) and your mechanical musical instrument (organ, piano, accordion ..). You plug a MIDI cable / USB from the computer to the MIDI board. Connect an electromagnet at each board output. These solenoids open valves or pull on levers to produce notes on the instrument. The board job is to switch on or off the electromagnet corresponding to the note read in the MIDI file on the computer or Sd player.
You can also drive DC lights, within the board limits. 220 volt lights can be driven by use of relays.
113 rue Champommier
33(0)9 63 45 61 45
N° Siret 39947913800022